Irom terms and conditions of use
Irom is a medium aiming at supporting online learning for students and professionals. Anyone setting up a user account or using social logins on Irom agrees with the following terms and conditions of use. Whoever disregards these terms and conditions of use may be excluded from Irom.
- The setup of a user account on Irom requires mentioning one's real identity (first name and surname) and a valid email address which thus will be known to the Irom operators. Login with social logins allows Irom to retrieve one's real identity (first name and surname) and the email address associated with the given social login directly from the providers of the social logins.
- Irom users commit themselves to a polite and respectful communication and to an appropriate use of the medium. They are responsible (among other legally) for the content they publish on Irom. Irom's terms and conditions of use are subject to German law.
- The content published on Irom (among others description of comments, bookmarks, ratings, excluding the descriptions, images and prices of online courses and trading marks of providers of online courses) is available to the general public under the Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE ( https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/ ). A not-for-profit reuse of content published on Irom is allowed (see * for a brief explanation of the license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE).
- The content and information of online courses available on Irom (among others the descriptions, images and prices of online courses and trading marks of providers of online courses) are available to the general public under the terms and conditions of use by the providers and publishers of the online courses. Irom provides only links to these contents and information and Irom is not responsible (among other legally) for the content provided by the providers and publishers of online courses.
Irom makes use of user-related data or other data (among other the search histories, histories
of the user interaction with HTML elements in Irom online application) with the aim of supporting
Irom users in their learning, for research purposes and for further development of the medium.
User-related data can be collected by Irom or will be provided by social login providers or by the
users themselves (for example comments, bookmarks, or ratings). Data not specifically related to
a user include for example client IP address and geolocation. User-related data can be processed
(for example for creating statistics) by using IP address, username, userid or geolocation, but
not by using first name, surname and email address. Data related to a single user, whether or
not processed, can be communicated as follows:
- anonymized, that is without mentioning the user's first name, surname and email address,
- These terms and conditions of use may be revised and reissued at any time in which case Irom will notify its users in time, so that they can decide what action to take concerning their further use of Irom.
(*) The license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE ( https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/ ) regulates the reuse of the content available on Irom by a person other than the publishers and the providers of online courses. It may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes on every medium either unchanged or in a modified form, provided that the redistributed document indicates the following:
- the author or authors of the content
- the license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE and the link https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/
- an indication of what modifications have been made.
The authors of contents published on Irom are allowed to reuse these contents for commercial purposes. This brief explanation and summary of the license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE does not replace the original text available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/legalcode .